Monday, November 18, 2013

It's been a crazy year - and, in reality, I still don't have time to blog.  But, as NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is in full swing, I'm reminded - do I have time NOT to write?  So, consider this a re-opening of the portal to my little world of design and architecture.  This world is a glorious place to be - let's live in it!

In the coming days, I've got a lot to say - I went on the amazing American Institute of Architects tour of Austin homes (Alas, photography was strictly forbidden inside the homes!).  This was another step in an unique little quixotic quest I'm embarking on - to help my mother discover what her style of design is.  With some unique challenges (Low budget!  Log cabin with super low ceilings! Love/hate relationship with wood!) we'll see if we can turn her home into a place where entertaining and relaxing can happen in equal measure.  

Of course, I'm also working to explore design and architecture that is green, unique and DIY-able.  What better place is there to take this journey than the hills of Austin, Texas?!

No comments:

Post a Comment